Why we love it?
It's perfect for Oil Cleansing! This delicious cocktail of botanical cleansing oils has an uplifting, citrusy aroma that is so comforting! Plus it removes eye make-up and impurities.
SKINutritious botanical oil cleanser dissolves pore impurites (dead skin and bacteria), speeds up healing time and normalises oil production which helps prevent skin breakouts.
All the SKINutritious formulations have been tried and perfected to effectively combat problematic skin issues, taking into consideration the frequent skin problems Elise treats her clients for at the SKINutritious Clinic.
- Recommended for problem and blemish-prone skin, suitable for all skin types
- Lightweight texture and gentle citrusy aroma
- Can be used as a make-up remover
- Easy to use everyday or for deep cleansing with a wash cloth
- All SKINutritous products have been tested to be non-comedogenic (won't clog you pores), safe for sensitive skin and are never tested on animals
Benefits & Key Ingredients:
Safflower Oil: light and non greasy texture, easily absorbed by the skin. Recommended for treating acne, because the high content of linolenic acid combined with sebum in the skin can help to unclog pores, and thus reduce acne and blackheads. Helps in treating scars, wrinkles and extremely dry and flaky skin.
Sunflower Oil: Rich in Vitamin E, helps shield skin from future environmental damage and limit moisture loss. Suitable for skin under eyes and sensitive skin. It helps smooth the under eye area.
Jojoba Oil: non-comedogenic, not an actual oil but a wax ester which is the most similar to human skin oil, can balance skin oil production.
Avocado Oil: beneficial for mature and sensitive skin, has the highest level of Vitamin E of any fruits - a powerful antioxidant with anti-ageing properties. The only plant oil to contain Vitamin D, which is vital for skin health.
Organic Lavender Oil: relieves anxiety and tension naturally, its antibiotic and calming properties are also great for soothing the skin and to treat a number of skin problems such as acne, burns, dry skin, eczema, itchy skin, sunburn, seborrhea, and skin inflammation.
Organic Sweet Orange Oil: high in Vitamin C and antioxidants that help promote the production of collagen as well as increase the blood flow to the skin. It is helpful at soothing dry, irritated skin as well as acne-prone skin.
How to use:
Massage Skinutritious botanical oil cleanser well for 1 minute. Add warm water and massage to remove thoroughly. Alternatively, use the “The Oil Cleansing Method” for extra pampering.
The Oil Cleansing Method - Deep cleanses while balancing oil production at the same time. It’s typically done in the evening.
Is not just helpful for dry skin, in fact oily and acne-prone skin can benefit from oils the most. Don't be afraid of PURE, quality natural and organic oils. Oil, alone, will not give you blemishes or pimples, these are likely to be the result of several influences including hormones, bacteria and dead skin cells. Traditional cleansers usually strip away your natural oils, making your skin over-compensate for the lack of moisture by actually producing more oil.
Oil Cleansing Method:
- Warm a generous amount of oil on with your hands and smooth over face
- Massage the oil deeply into your pores, take your time and focus on problem areas, so that, blemishes can be dissolved and steamed away. This will also remove face and eye makeup.
- Soak your washcloth in steamy warm water and apply over face to open pores, warm and rinse old oils (You're essentially steaming your skin as an aesthetician would)
- Wipe the oil gently away and rinse the washcloth well in hot, running water and repeat two or three more times. Avoid scrubbing.
- Your skin should now glow! Avoid over-cleansing morning and night as this may irritate and cause more oil production. (via theoilcleansingmethod.com, a website dedicated to the oils cleansing method!)
INGREDIENTS: (60 ml)
sunflower oil, safflower oil, olive oil esters, vitamin e (tocopherol), jojoba oil, avocado oil, organic lavender (lavendula angustifolia) oil, organic sweet orange (citrus sinensis) oil and organic mandarin (citrus reticulata) oil.
SKINutritious was created by holistic aesthetician and certified nutritionist, Elise May, who combined her knowledge and passion for skincare and diet to craft a plant-based skin care line that is simple yet effective in healing skin problems. After nearly a decade struggling with acne, seeking answers from skin professionals, products and prescriptions. Elise found her own pathway to beautiful, clear skin through a plant-based diet, a happy lifestyle, and natural skin care products.
The SKINutritious line utilises the most powerful plant ingredients available to treat an array of inflammatory skin conditions and support your healthiest skin ever. All products have been tested to be non-comedogenic and safe for sensitive skin and never tested on animals.
Elise believes products often do not clear acne for good – “your participation is the most important factor in having clear, beautiful skin. Living luminous and acne-free is a daily lifestyle choice".